Home > Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions of Use and Membership Agreement
Your User Agreement
The following describes the terms on which Courierboard offers you access to our services.
Welcome to Courierboard. By using the services on the Courierboard website (the “Site” and the “Board”), you are agreeing to the following terms, including those available by hyperlink, (the "Agreement" or "User Agreement") with Courierboard LLC and the general principles for the websites of its affiliates.
Before you may become a member of Courierboard, you must read and accept all of the terms and conditions in, and linked to, this Terms and Conditions of Use and Membership Agreement.
Please refer below to Third Party Access to Site for non-permitted members
While using the Board, you will not:
- Post false, inaccurate, or misleading information.
- Take any action that is deemed an intentional solicitation of another party’s customer or account relationship.
- Use the Site if you are not able to act on behalf of your company to post information on the Board or to transact business with those posting freight or vehicles on the Board.
- Circumvent or manipulate our fee structure, the billing process, or fees owed to Courierboard; distribute viruses or any other technologies that may harm Courierboard, or the interests or property of Courierboard users.
- Copy, modify, or distribute content from the Site including Courierboard copyrights and trademarks; or
- Collect information about users, including email addresses, without their consent.
Membership Code of Conduct
Courierboard’s mission is to provide a safe and secure place for companies to post delivery related items. Without limiting other remedies, we may limit, suspend, or terminate our service and user accounts, prohibit access to our website, remove postings, and take technical and legal steps to keep users off the Site if we think that they are creating problems, possible legal liabilities, or acting inconsistently with the letter or spirit of our policies. We also reserve the right to cancel accounts.
Fees and Services
No fees or charges apply to trial Premium membership accounts during the stated trial membership period for your account. Exchange Account memberships are always free. Premium Account membership is month to month - See our current Fee schedule below.
You will receive a notice several days before your trial membership is ending. You may elect to renew or cancel at any time. There are no contracts or long term obligations. Changes to our Fee schedule may occur, and any changes are effective after we provide you with at least fourteen days' notice by email and by posting the changes on the Sites.
Unless otherwise stated, all fees are quoted in U.S. Dollars. You are responsible for paying all fees and applicable taxes associated with the Site in a timely manner with a valid payment method. If your payment method fails or your account is past due, we may notify you and/or cancel your account. To reinstate your account, you must contact Courierboard directly and speak with a Member Service Representative.
No fees are charged during a member's free trial membership period, except for the optional purchase of driver wanted ads during the trial $35 each. Trial membership offers may vary from time to time, and from member to member. You will be notified when your trial membership is due to expire and will have the option to continue your membership at the Premium level or downgrade to a free Exchange account with limited features.
Exchange Accounts are always free. Premium members are charged monthly fees of $65. After your trial membership has converted to a regular membership, Premium Account monthly fees are charged to client’s payment source on the account set-up anniversary date. You can change or cancel your account at any time - Exchange members can upgrade online and have instant access to Courierboard's Premium features. Premium members may downgrade to a Free Exchange Account and continue to use Courierboard's features for Exchange members.
Monthly fees (for Premium members only) are charged one month in advance, and will begin after your free trial time period has elapsed. Any changes in membership level, upgrades, cancellations, etc. will begin on the next anniversary date following the date that changes are made by member.
Courierboard reserves the right to change current membership fees, with no less than two weeks notice to members.
A "Posting Agent" is a third-party agent, service, or intermediary that offers to post Content to the Site on behalf of others. You may not use a Posting Agent to post Content to the Site without express permission or license from Courierboard. Correspondingly, Posting Agents are not permitted to post Content on behalf of others, to cause Content to be so posted, or otherwise access the Site to facilitate posting Content on behalf of others, except with express permission or license from Courierboard.
Courierboard Premium membership includes two driver ad slots for accounts to use to fill local driver recruiting needs. These slots are available to post on a continuous basis. Additional ad slots are $35 and are usable for 30 days once activated. Courierboard reserves the right to change this program at any time, and will provide 30 day notice on its site. Driver Ads are available for courier companies using ads for local recruiting efforts.
The additional purchase of driver ad slot feature is not available for companies to use to recruit drivers for other branch offices that are not registered Courierboard accounts and/or nationwide corporate recruiting activities.
Third Party Access to the Site
Courierboard grants you a limited, revocable, nonexclusive license to access the Site for personal or business use. This Site and its services are offered exclusively to registered members including courier companies, third party logistics, shippers, and freight forwarders. Shippers are defined as individuals, businesses, or organizations that require courier, freight, and shipping services.
Unless specifically granted to you in writing, this license does not include:
- (a) access to the Site by Posting Agents.
- (b) access to the Site by vendors who may use the site to collect information on companies for non-delivery related purposes including but not limited to marketing or solicitation purposes .
- (c) any collection, aggregation, copying, duplication, display or derivative use of the Site nor any use of data mining, robots, spiders, or similar data gathering and extraction tools for any purpose unless expressly permitted by Courierboard;
- (d) company, website, internet service or search engine that provides similar services to Courierboard including but not limited to searching for carriers, posting freight or shipping needs, load board services, freight quote service or system, Request for Proposal quotes (RFPs), regional or national courier agent services, specializes in classified listings or advertisements such as listings for drivers, courier company services, shipping services, or , which is in the business of providing classified ad listing services.
- A limited exception to (d) is provided to general purpose internet search engines and non-commercial public archives that use such tools to gather information for the sole purpose of displaying hyperlinks to the Service, provided they each do so from a stable IP address or range of IP addresses using an easily identifiable agent and comply with our robots.txt file .
Third Party Service Limitations
You acknowledge that Courierboard may establish limits concerning use of the Site, including the maximum number of days that Content will be retained by the Site, access to the Site, email messages, or other Content that may be transmitted or stored by the Site, and the frequency with which you may access the Service. You agree that Courierboard has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any Content maintained or transmitted by the Service. You acknowledge that Courierboard reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue the Site (or any part thereof) with or without notice, and that Courierboard shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Site.
Termination of Service
Further, you agree not to attempt to use the Site after said termination.
You will not hold Courierboard responsible for other users' actions or inactions, including things they post. You acknowledge that we are not responsible or involved in any way in representing the validity of items posted on the Site. Instead, the Site is a means for companies to reach other companies who might be interested in negotiating transactions to move freight or fill vehicles. We are not involved in the actual transaction between those with freight and those who move freight. We have no control over and do not guarantee payment, safety, or the truth or accuracy of listings, the ability of couriers to deliver items, the ability of freight holders to pay for deliveries, or that an individual or company will complete a transaction.
Further, we cannot guarantee continuous or secure access to our services, and operation of the Site may be interfered with by numerous factors outside of our control. Accordingly, to the extent legally permitted, we exclude all implied warranties, terms and conditions. We are not liable for any loss of money, goodwill, or reputation, or any special, indirect, or consequential damages arising out of your use of our Sites. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of warranties or exclusion of damages, so such disclaimers and exclusions may not apply to you.
If you have a dispute with one or more users, you release us (and our officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees) from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
Intellectual Property and Access
Additionally, you agree that you will not:
- Copy, reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, distribute, or publicly display any content from the Board without the prior expressed written permission of Courierboard and the appropriate third party, as applicable;
- Interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Board or any activities conducted on the Board.
We do not sell or rent your corporate information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We will not provide information about your membership account to any third parties without your permission. We view protection of users' privacy as a very important community principle. We store and process your information on computers located in the United States that are protected by physical as well as technological security devices. You can access and modify the information you provide us and choose not to receive certain communications by signing-in to your account. We use third parties to verify and certify our privacy principles.
You will indemnify and hold us (and our officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees), harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of this Agreement, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
No agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or franchiser-franchisee relationship is intended or created by this Agreement.