Full Time/3rd shift (11:00PM-7:00AM M-F)
Near O'Hare Airport
- Dispatch vendors or independent contractors (ICs) to appropriate locations according to customer requests, specifications and/or needs.
- Consult with managerial personnel in order to meet operational goals.
- Receive, input, and distribute ON DEMAND work orders, collect proof of deliveries (PODs) and manifests/bill of lading.
- Serve as a contact person for all Vendor/ICs within route territories and inform them about traffic problems such as construction areas, accidents, congestion, weather conditions and other hazards.
- Record and maintain files and records of customer requests, work or services performed, charges, expenses, inventory and other dispatch information.
- Expedite package, freight or product sorting, moving, bagging, palletizing, loading, unloading and other various warehouse duties.
- Determine response needed to effectively and appropriately deal with emergencies, accidents and breakdowns.
- Communicate Chain of Custody standards.
- Answer incoming telephone calls and prioritize accordingly.
- Adhere to Policies and procedures as defined in the Employee Handbook.
- Other duties/tasks as assigned.
- Ensure timely and efficient courier service for customers according to specified ON DEMAND requests.
- Confer with customers or supervisory personnel in order to address questions, problems and/or complaints, exercising the utmost courtesy, respect and professionalism at all times.
- Keep customers notified and regularly updated of any changes affecting their expectations.
- Maintain appropriate customer data and file paperwork or electronic files accordingly.
- HS/GED or equivalent experience required.
- Associate degree or other vocational/technical school training, beyond High School, is preferred.
- Excellent verbal communication, articulation and problem solving skills mandatory.
- Computer skills including MS Word, Outlook, Excel and general web mail applications.
- Interpersonal skills: ability to foster teamwork and motivate/coach others.
- General knowledge of local and regional Greater Chicagoland metropolitan geography.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing quality customer service.
- Ability to operate a fork lift required. Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Accurately and quickly read maps
- Decisive and steadily mannered under pressure and time constraints.
- Must pass pre-employment criminal background check and drug screen.
- Must be willing to be On-Call one weekend per month.
Please respond with résumé.